Poor old White table salt doesn’t stand a chance.
I like even challenges but you’ll not find that here, and this post below will explain why Himalayan Salt is better than your ordinary white table salt.
Your doctor may have already warned you against taking too much white table salt.
If you continue to enjoy salty food, you may end up having kidney problems (sound familiar?).
…And there could be many other health problems that could be attributed to salt intake. Although eliminating it in from your diet could be harmful, ironically.
Therefore, Himalayan salt is recommended as a better substitute / alternative to common table salt.
White table salt is widely available in the market. It has always been cheap. This could be the logical reason why us consumers tend to use table salt in excessive amounts.
In comparison, Himalayan pink salt is rarely sold at retail food shops. Last I checked, both Woolworths and Coles did not stock this item. This rarity makes it more expensive than common white table salt.
Looking at the appearance, one could easily distinguish Himalayan salt from white table salt. Himalayan salt is often in pinkish color, hence, it is often called Himalayan pink salt. While on the other hand, white table salt is white to transparent.
The crystals could also be further ground so they would appear finer, which is often more preferred by consumers.
The crystalline structure of Himalayan pink salt is balanced. It features fine branching without rough edges or shadows. Each crystal contains inherent mineral elements (up to 84 of those) that are interconnected harmoniously.
Thus, the energy content is balanced and could be easily and effectively metabolised by the human body. This is the reason experts often state that each Himalayan salt crystal is full of life. It brings about positive and vital energetic effect when taken as food.
The crystal structure of common white table salt is different (in a bad way) compared to that of Himalayan salt. Each crystal is disconnected and isolated from their vital elements.
Ionised adsorption of those elements could never be guaranteed. The human body would require a tremendous level of energy to facilitate absorption.
When taken as food, table salt tends to be useless and becomes more of a negative thing rather than position. Thus, white table salt is often considered as a detriment to human health.
Common white table salt is comprised of about 97.5% sodium chloride. The rest, or 2.5%, is made of chemicals, iodine, moisture absorbents, and possibly, unnecessary impurities.
Ordinary salt crystals were derived from drying through intense heating at more than 650 Degrees Celsius for several hours or days.
Himalayan pink salt is full of trace elements and minerals. There are up to 84 of those, making the salt more substantial and better for human health. It does not come with unlikely and unnecessary impurities.
This type of salt is mined at Khewra Salt Mine within the Himalayan region. It is believed that the salt deposits have been alchemised by nature for more than 250 million years (and counting) through a process that could be similar to how precious diamonds are formed.
Truth be told, Himalayan salt is treated like a precious gem these days… Well it is in my little part of the world.